Finding a Fun (and Cheap) Halloween Costume
By Ashley Yenick, Student at Merrimack College
Finding Halloween costumes that are cheap and still look cute are hard to find. With Halloween only being two days away, it's hard to find costumes that are still cute on a college girl's budget. Don't worry, though, U Chic's got you covered!
Halloween is the one night a year that you get to dress up and be something you're not, so why not have fun with it? Having group costumes with all of your girlfriends is such a fun idea, and not to mention, cheaper for all of you if you split the cost of the costumes. I went to Pinterest to find some cute group costumes.
- Taco Bell Packets: Costume-Works.com has tons of group costume ideas. Every costume that you look at has a paragraph from the people who made the costumes so you can see how to make your own.
- Vitamin Water Girls: Coolest Homemade Costumes has a lot of cool costume ideas and even has different categories for each costume. Also, this website also tells you how they made these costumes. These were all made out of duct tape and paper!
- Moscato Bottles: I think this group of costumes is also clever and requires little to no materials. It doesn't even have to be a wine company; you can also dress up as beer cans with your favorite beer using duct tape just like the other costumes.
- Hipster Disney Princesses: This group of costumes is hilarious. There's always pictures circulating online of Disney princesses as hipsters, and I think this is great representation of that! Plus, you can wear some of your own clothes along with the costumes. If you were a Disney princess last year, you can recycle that costume and wear a hipster sign with glasses. Hey, if Kate Middleton can recycle her clothes, why can't you?
- Rock Paper Scissors: This costume is a cute idea if you have two friends and don't know what to be. All of the materials to make this can be either cardboard or made out of poster board. The rock can be made from foam from the craft store.
Having your best friend as your costume buddy can be awesome. Take a look at these cute costumes you can make with your costume twin!
- TY Beanie Babies: This is a cute idea that takes little to no effort. The costumes are so simple and can definitely be made cheaply.
- Toddlers & Tiaras: You can dress up as a toddler in a tiara from the famous TLC show - or you can even be Honey Boo Boo!
- Helga Pataki (From "Hey! Arnold"): This costume is so creative. I don't remember this ever being a costume that was available when we were younger, but it's a great idea to do now!
- Make-Over Barbie: This is another clever idea. It pays homage to the The make-over Barbies we had when we were younger!
- Old-School Picture: This old-school costume will get a lot of laughs from people remembering their '90s-esque pictures from their elementary and middle school days!
- Victoria's Secret: This is a cute costume that's pretty cheap and still looks adorable.
- McKayla Maroney: I thought being McKayla Maroney would be funny because she's not only known for her Olympic medals, but her famous "I'm not impressed" face! For this costume, you can simply get a fake gold metal at a party store, make a USA shirt and slick back your hair.
- Binder Full of Women: Mitt Romney's comment about "binders full of women" from the second presidential candidate debate has sparked an uproar. Romney's comment has also given the opportunity for people to have some fun before Election Day. This costume also comes with a video on how to make it.
U Chic hopes you have a fun AND safe Halloween!
- Freshman Year
- Campus Life
- Diploma Diaries
- Shop UChic
UniversityChic Want tips for making sure you #exercise before your busy schedule finds something else for you to do? t.co/Kh6mVWR6Ol #UChic
UniversityChic What are you most concerned about in the post-grad world? Tweet us your answer for a #freegiveaway #DiplomaDiaries t.co/Vy8ksxa3Bc
UniversityChic RT @MsCareerGirl: True stories, tips, tricks for achieving a fabulous future #DiplomaDiaires t.co/QGf9X1DXug
UniversityChic RT @hgettle12: IT'S HERE!!!! I'M FINALLY PUBLISHED!! #UChic #DiplomaDiaries t.co/xSW4iOhaEB
UniversityChic Want to win a free copy of our new book #DiplomaDiaries & a @sesame box? Details here: t.co/tPI8U0sD2N #UChic t.co/PlIUGQDOJD
UniversityChic Founder/Publisher of #UChic Christie Garton plans the perfect #graduation party on @fox4kc t.co/DoyWZo13oM t.co/4Tbvcct8O2
UniversityChic 5 Tips to Keeping Your Mind #Active Over the Summer: t.co/9enzxCP7pl #UChic @goodhealth @WomensHealthMag #Healthy #Read #Exercise
UniversityChic What are you most concerned about in the post-grad world? Tweet us your answer for a #freegiveaway #DiplomaDiaries t.co/ZuPUCboXEc
UniversityChic @usatodaycollege @usatoday We are so excited to see the #DiplomaDiaries series go live on #usatoday! #postgrad #graduation
UniversityChic Congrats to our published #DiplomaDiaries authors! @piperwesle828 @ericaleexo @modmanuscript @DeborahMusolff @stephamazing